I’m just a guy with some time on my hands.
I tend to obsess over hobbies. I’ve always been that way, and I don’t think it’s going to change anytime soon. When something sparks my interest, I jump in with both feet, and go nuts. At some point–usually after a couple of years– in dawns on my that I’ve become the de facto expert on the subject in my peer group and then I get bored and move on.
This has come along right at the time to move along.
Previous obsessions of mine have included cigars, long distance running, building electric guitars, (including fabricating my own equipment to wind the coils for the pickups with nothing but parts from ebay and HomeDepot), muscle cars, IP networking, tattoos and tattooing, amassing an enormous library of music, and if we go into the way back machine… skateboarding. All of these at one point in time were all consuming. All of them are pretty inconsequential to me now.
I’m an adrenaline junkie. Unfortunately age catches up with us all and my physical ability to do some of the things I used to do is gone. Now I have to find more cerebral hobbies. Cryptocurrencies is going to be it.
I have a vision for what I want this site to be. The problem is that I have little idea of how to get there. So in the short term, I get to wrap my head around that while I figure out how I want to be involved in the different cryptocurrencies. A miner? A day trader? A blockchain technologist? I plan on dabbling a little in each and see what really strikes my fancy. Then I’ll do it for awhile until I don’t anymore.
I’ve been a soldier, a tradesman, an engineer, and now I make my living as a strategist. Change is part of my DNA. I’m going to teach myself some coding, I’m going to teach myself about investing and trading, and I’m going to try to establish a community of crypto hobbyists to exchange news and ideas. If you’re reading this, I hope you’re along for the ride.
Let me conclude with a few other random facts:
- My favorite sport is boxing, I will talk about it until people’s eyes glass over
- Lately I’ve been getting into baseball. Not because it’s exciting to watch, but because the statistics fascinate me
- I play bridge. No I’m not 80 years old. It’s an incredibly complex and nuanced game and I get to sit down with some really really smart people when I play.
- My Myers-Briggs type is INTJ
- I will eventually find something else to obsess over. Meanwhile, I hope to make a few bucks, meet some new people, and learn something.